One of the biggest excuses that people make to not exercise is that they feel they’re too old or it’s too late to start exercising. It’s not too late! over the years, Researchers have shown that moderate physical activity can slow your aging process and can help prevent heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, depression, dementia and more. It’s never too late to start exercising – here are some tips on how you can get fit after 40 and reap the health benefits from exercise.
Whether you’re in your thirties, forties, or beyond, staying fit and healthy isn’t just about looking good – it also protects your overall health and reduces your risk of serious illnesses like diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. We can’t all be 20-year-old body builders, but that doesn’t mean we can’t take care of our health as we become older. What’s the first step toward a healthier you? Start exercising regularly! Here are some tips to help you get started when you’re 40+.
Why get fit after 40?
Many of us know that exercise is important for our health, but sometimes, it can be hard to find the time and motivation to get up off the couch and get moving as it can never be too late! In fact, as you enter your fourth decade of life, you have a chance to reap even more benefits from regular exercise than ever before.
How you can get started?
1) Change up your routine. Have you been working out at the gym for years? Or running laps around the park? Your body might need something new to keep it challenged. Try mixing things up by incorporating different types of exercises into your weekly workout routine, like Pilates or Zumba classes if you’re not used to doing them. Or try going outdoors and biking or hiking instead of just walking on a treadmill indoors at the gym – there’s nothing like being outside!
2) Be sure to care for yourself when you’re not working out – You can’t work out every day or else you’ll end up hurting yourself or getting burnt out.
The Benefits Of Exercise To Get Fit After 40
Exercising releases endorphins, which can be a natural pain reliever. Exercise also releases dopamine and serotonin, which are neurotransmitters in the brain that make you feel happy. As your body becomes more active, you’ll sleep better. There are many benefits of exercise that it’s never too hard to find time for it!
If you’re ready to get started, try out these easy exercises to do at home or while traveling
Plank pose – Start on all fours with wrists below shoulders and knees below hips. Keep abs drawn in and elbows directly under shoulders. Lower forearms to floor as far as they can go without dropping them below elbows. Straighten arms as much as possible by moving right knee toward chest then left knee toward chest. Reverse movement by extending right leg behind torso then left leg behind torso.
Push-ups – Place hands shoulder-width apart on ground, with palms down and fingers pointed forward about shoulder width apart from each other.
How to get started
Getting started is often the hardest part of any fitness plan. But don’t worry, with a little discipline and dedication, you can become fit after 40. Start by getting a pen and paper and asking yourself what your goals are. This will help you set short-term goals that will lead to long-term success. Write down when you want to accomplish these goals in terms of months, weeks, or days. Next, write down what you need from yourself in order to complete them – i.e., more sleep or less stress. Once you have this list, create an action plan to meet these needs. For example, if you need more sleep and less stress, go ahead and make some changes around the house so it becomes easy for you to get some shut-eye. Cut back on caffeine if that’s been keeping you up at night; find ways to relax before bedtime (take a bath or do some stretching); figure out how much time it takes for your kids’ bedtime routine so they’re not staying up past their bedtime on top of yours.
The good news is no matter how old we get we can always become fit even after 40!
Tips for staying motivated
- Set a goal and set milestones.
- Find a workout buddy.
- Plan ahead for your workouts by packing a healthy snack and water bottle before you head out the door.
- Make healthy choices at home by stocking your kitchen with nutritious foods, like fruits and vegetables, low-fat dairy products, whole grains, lean protein sources, and plenty of water.
- Don’t be afraid to take time off from working out if needed- every body is different!
- Stay hydrated with enough fluids in order to keep your body well-hydrated for good health benefits as well as reducing water retention (i.e., bloating).
The best exercises for persons over 40
If you are over the age of 40 and want to get back in shape, it is not always easy. However, there are some great exercises that will surely help you to become fit even after 40. The best exercises for persons over 40 are those that focus on muscle strengthening, core stabilization and cardio. These types of exercises can help improve your balance as well as your overall health.
Some great exercises for persons over 40 include Pilates, Yoga and weight-bearing exercise like walking or running. And while these types of exercise may not be as intense as they were when you were younger, they can still deliver amazing results!
Regardless of your age, it can never be too late to start exercising and trying to improve your fitness. As you get older, you need to take extra care of yourself in order to avoid injury and be sure that your body can handle the rigors of exercise with ease and comfort. some tips to get fit after 40, so that you can do everything from running marathons to lifting weights with ease and comfort!