The proposed $95 million bond locations an emphasis on funding expertise and security and safety, district officers stated. (Courtesy Higley USD)
The proposed $95 million bond locations an emphasis on funding expertise and security and safety, district officers stated, with $15.5 million spent in these areas. It additionally consists of:
- $3.5 million for transportation;
- $32 million for a potential lease buy of one of many district’s two center colleges;
- $2.5 million for land buy if wanted for one more faculty;
- $11 million for a serious upkeep program;
- $27 million for main initiatives; and
- $3.5 million for contingency.
The $95 million represents a lot of the district’s $129 million in obtainable bond capability, officers stated, however as assessed property values within the district go up, the obtainable capability will get well within the subsequent few years if one other bond is required.
If handed, the bond would enhance the district’s secondary property tax price by $0.14 per $100 in assessed worth, taking it from $1.44 to $1.58.